DeZURIK Metal Cutting Cast Stainless Steel Knife Gate Valve (KGC-MC)
DeZURIK KGC-MC Metal Cutting Cast Stainless Steel Knife Gate Valves are designed to provide long service life in applications requiring shearing capabilities like those found in Pulp and Paper Recycle and Rejects Cyclone applications.
The KGC-MC valve is designed to cut the media flow with no jamming problems. To withstand the high loads necessary to shear wires, staples or glass, the valves have a replaceable, serrated seat constructed of 410 Stainless Steel. The seat ring’s teeth and teeth arrangement are designed to prevent bunching or clogging while cutting through heavy trash such as metal, plastics, glass and shards.
The KGC-MC Knife Gate Valves are available in 3-24" (80-600mm) sizes with one-piece cast stainless steel bodies. Numerous features combine to provide a longer service life, less downtime and less maintenance than other valves currently used for these tough applications.
- Valves can be either metal or dual metal-and-resilient seated
- Gates of Hardened 410 Stainless Steel or heat-treated 17-4 Stainless Steel have a shearing beveled edge to cut cleanly through media.
- High-performance packing system with wire scraper rings extends service life.
- Copper scraper rings act to guide the gate through the packing chamber, critical in high cycle and shearing applications.
- Oversized gate guides provide support for the moving gate through the full stroke, minimizing any chance of deflection.
- Heavy-duty superstructure withstands high cycle rates and vibration.
- Optional purge ports available in the seat and chest prevent process buildup.