DeZURIK Slurry Knife Gate Valves (KSL-SD) Short Body Design
DeZURIK’s KSL-SD Slurry Knife Gate Valves are designed for on-off (isolation) service for applications consisting of abrasive, high solids content, wet or dry media. KSL-SD Slurry Knife Gate Valves are ideally suited for applications in the mining, power, and aggregate industries. The KSL-SD valve features a short body design with narrow face-to-face per MSS SP-81.
KSL-SD Knife Gate Valves are available in sizes 2-24" (50-600mm) with larger sizes available on application. Temperature ratings to 177°F (81°C) as standard, and up to 300°F (150°C) with high temperature optional seat materials. Standard pressure rating on 2-16" valves is 150 psi CWP (1030kPa) and 18-24" is 100 psi CWP (690 kPa), with higher pressures available with optional gate materials.
Depending on the application requirements, the cast body is available in Ductile Iron, Carbon Steel and various Stainless Steel or higher alloy materials.
- Full flanged design with flange drilling per ASME B16.5 Class 150, DIN 10 and DIN 16; ISO 7005-1/PN10 and 7005-2/PN16; BS 4504/PN10 and BS 4504/PN16; AS 2129 Tables D and E; and SANS 1123-1000 and SANS 1123-1600
- Bi-directional, drip tight shutoff to full pressure rating.
- Field replaceable sleeves with encapsulated supporting ring.
- Valve design allows for easy repairs.
- Full port reduces turbulence and pressure drop across the valve.
- Sleeve compression eliminates cavity where solids can collect.
- Sleeve design eliminates gate and stem packing.
- Sleeve design eliminates the requirement forf lange gaskets.
- Straight vertical plane superstructure allows for easy installation of accessories.
- Gate fully retracts out of the flow path in the open position.
- Open / Closed position lock-outs optional.
- Optional gate coatings provide additional abrasion resistance and a non-stick (lubrication infused) surface that reduces actuating forces and extends sleeve life.
- Integral Lifting Lugs standard on sizes 4" (100mm) and larger.
- Flushing drain plates available.
Slurry Knife Gate Valves (KSL-SD) Short Body Design Specifications
2-24" (50-600mm) with larger sizes available on application
Standard pressure rating on 2-16" valves is 150 psi CWP (1030kPa) and 18-24" is 100 psi CWP (690 kPa), with higher pressures available with optional gate materials.
Cast body is available in Ductile Iron, Carbon Steel and various Stainless Steel or higher alloy materials.